Getting rid of hair has always been a nuisance. For most people, shaving is a constant hassle that has to be performed anywhere from two to three times a week. However, this is now a thing of the past with the new iVog X-Tweez Dual Epilator. Interestingly enough, this product is marketed for both men and women, and it can help them to enjoy having baby smooth skin for weeks at a time with only one session.
Yeah yeah, we’ve heard this all before Emily, i hear you say. Well that is true, however the X-Tweez (awesome name btw!) comes with a rather impressive 72 tweezer head.
What does this mean for you? Well, in short, it means efficiency! The long version means you’ll be spending less time actually epilating your skin as the 72 tweezers are capable of removing far more hair in a single pass than some of their lesser tweezerly endowed counterparts.
Could this epilator be the first marvellous superhero of the epilating world? Ok, bad joke i know, it’s late and i’m not quite tipsy enough!
For people who enjoy travelling, this product is especially recommended. It has a rechargeable battery, and with a full charge, the battery can run from 30 to 45 minutes straight. Below, one can find a list of the various features that this product offers to those who choose to use it.
Main Features of the iVog X-Tweez Dual Epilator
This epilator has a lot of great features that makes it one of the best on the market. Out of all the reviews that it has had, the only downside to this product is the amount of noise that it creates while it is being operated.
- Rechargeable – Unlike a lot of its competitors, this epilator comes with a rechargeable battery that when fully charged will last anywhere from 30 to 45 minutes. This makes it convenient to manage, i mean really, do people still buy corded epilators? Perhaps it’s just me, i do hate being tied down!
- Uni-Sex Design – With this epilator, men and women can both experience baby smooth skin for up to 6 weeks at a time. Apparently a lot of other epilators on the market are only equipped for men or women but rarely both. Though it did make me wonder what exactly is different for men with regards to this particular epilator? I’m thinking this is a bit of a marketing ploy!
- 72 Tweezers – This iVog epilator comes equipped with 72 tweezers, and this helps in removing the majority of hair the first time, unlike a regular razor. However, this amount of tweezers does not only save time by removing the hair the first time. It also helps to eliminate potential skin irritation, which can only be a good thing in my book. For those of you still having trouble with pain or irritation, help is at hand!
- Dual Speed Control – Having rotating discs, this epilator is designed to catch even the shortest of hairs. It actually pulls the hair out from the root, which is why it takes around six weeks for the hair to grow back.
- Large Epilating Head – I guess the head does have to be big to accommodate all those tweezers, however i also find that the larger head just seems to follow the contours or my body much better than the traditional sized heads, particularly when epilating my armpits.
- Large 72 tweezer head makes for a very efficient epilating experience.
- At around £40 or less, it’s mid range price proves a bargain considering how capable it is.
- No light makes it hard to spot those pesky hairs, which can lead to a few slipping by
- A modest battery charge, but i guess you get what you pay for.
- Requires a light touch to get the best out of the device.
- Perhaps a little on the noisy side compared to other models.
- Dry use only!
Overall it’s not a bad epilator at all, the large head and 72 tweezers make for a pleasant (if that is the right word?) experience, after all more is better right? Well usually, and in this case definitely so as you can really notice the extra tweezers working away. It has to be said that the price is just right too at around £30-40!
However it does have a few cons such as those listed above. Based purely on price vs performance the iVog X-Tweez fully deserves its #3 spot in our list of epilators. If you’re seeking the best of the best though, then you will likely want to check out the Braun 7681 or the Panasonic ES-ED90.
A decent epilator at a decent price, if a little on the noisy side. Though it should be said no epilator is exactly quiet, they are after all mechanical devices. I’d say if you can’t afford one of the top of the range models, then the iVog X-Tweez is certainly worth considering.
You can see just how well the iVog X-Tweez stacks up against other epilators on our comparison chart here.