In the world of hair removal, there are many options for customers. From shaving to waxing, or to more uncommon methods like threading, the possibilities are endless. The type of hair removal that is right for any particular person is dependent solely on the person in question. Some of these people would benefit from learning about epilators and all of the benefits these wonderfull devices have to offer.
When it comes to epilators, there are as many different styles and features to choose from as there are different types of users. While it might not be for everyone, the Braun Silk Epil 1 Legs and Body Epilator is an excellent epilator for those who are just entering the world of epilators.
For those who have never heard of such devices, epilators work thanks in part to the series of built-in tweezers. These tweezers automatically remove the hair as the device is turned on and moved against the skin. The Braun Silk Epil 1 uses a twenty tweezer system. There are, of course, epilators out there that have more tweezers but these devices cost more. On the other hand, there are also epilators that have less built-in tweezers and cost less, but are also much less effective. At twenty tweezers, the Braun Silk Epil 1 is a phenomenal combination of economic practicality and effective hair removal.
Unlike some other epilators currently on the market, this particular model can be personalised to a certain extent in the areas of speed and softness. What this means is that this product is perfect for those with varying skin types or with skin sensitivities.
While it might have some custom options available, the ultimate layout of the device is simple enough that even beginners can pick up and use it immediately. The product comes with both manual support and online presence so users should be able to get all of their questions and concerns addressed should these issues arise. You can even find any Braun spare parts you may need in the future from Brauns excellent support team.
Features at a Glance
- In terms of results, there are not many epilators that can offer much better results for the incredibly low price. This particular epilator, as the name would suggest, offers hair removal for both the leg areas as well as the rest of the body. Users have noted that this product can handle underarm areas just as well as it is able to handle legs, knees, and thighs.
- The twenty tweezers make a noticeable difference in the arena of close hair removal. The body, on average, is made up of all manner of bends and turns and curves and this epilator is able to use all of the embedded tweezers in order to deliver fast and smooth results, either on the legs or anywhere else on the body.
- This device specifically comes with a cap that is has been designed to protect sensitive areas. Many people show an interest in using this product for facial or pubic areas. While this device can technically be used on such areas, the very natural of epilators causes this to be somewhat of a non-standard experience. Some users, those whom have high pain tolerances, report that they are able to use this device without a problem in these sensitive areas.
- Others, those without high pain tolerances, have warned that using this epilator, and epilators in general, on sensitive areas is incredibly, unbearably, painful. It is recommended to test the epilator on a small, discreet patch of hair first to determine one’s pain tolerance.
- It is important to note that this product comes with a two-pin Euro plug. Out of the box, this device is only suitable for two-pin plugs, so you’ll also need a travel adapter if you don’t have access to a two-pin socket in the bathroom or such.
- Neither cordless nor suitable for both wet/dry use, you can see why this epilator cost so little. But if you can live with those restrictions, then it’s an absolute bargain.
Final Thoughts on the Braun Silk Epil 1
The mere idea of an epilator is often intimidating to those who have never used one before, but users are clamouring about how pleasantly surprised they are at the relative painlessness of using this epilator after the first few uses. The pain from using this device is commonly put somewhere above shaving but much below waxing.
In addition to becoming less painful, this epilator can stand up to the test of time. It is a compact, easy-to-use device, but it is impeccably made. Many customers who have tried this product before are impressed by how long this product can be used without issue.
All of these great features are available to UK customers for around £30 when found online. Many other common epilators often sell for over £100, so comparatively, this epilator is a complete steal. Though perhaps it’s starting to show it’s age a little, it is still a complete bargain in my eyes.
|20||N||2||N||Y||Sensitive area cap||££|
You can see just how well the Braun Silk Epil 1 stacks up against other epilators on our comparison chart here.